2021 Polar Plunge for Special Olympics Illinois
March 4, 2021 8:28PM CST
For over 20 years, warm-hearted participants have taken the Polar Plunge across the state of Illinois. These Plungers raise nearly $2,000,000 for the athletes of Special Olympics Illinois annually.
- This year, it’s not WHERE you Plunge, or HOW you Plunge, but THAT you Plunge. Sign up today for the At Home Plunge at www.plungeillinois.com!
- Each year, this support provides critical funding for the 23,000 brave athletes of Special Olympics Illinois so they can compete in year-round sports & training, health & wellness, and leadership programs, including virtual programming.
- The concept is simple: participants raise a minimum of $100 in donations from friends, family, and co-workers in exchange for getting icy. Costumes encouraged.
- So, what does it look like to Plunge At Home? We’re glad you asked. Get in a snowball fight. Run through the sprinkler in your backyard. Have a family member spray you with the hose. We want you to get creative – and of course, be safe!
- Plunge At Home anytime now through March 14. And don’t forget to commemorate how you Plunge At Home with photos and videos.
- Tag our social channels and use our official hashtag:
- Facebook/Instagram/TikTok: @specialolympicsillinois; Twitter: @so_illinois
- Hashtag: #BeBoldGetCold
- The more fun you are having the better. You can submit your videos for a chance to be a part of our Plunge Recap on March 14. Just email them to [email protected].
- Each plunger receives an exclusive 2021 Polar Plunge sweatshirt (after completing their fundraising minimum), plus the chance to win additional prizes for raising more money.
- Please be safe with your Plunge At Home choices. Special Olympics Illinois is not responsible for any injuries that occur while participating in the Plunge At Home option. More information can be found on our website at www.plungeillinois.com.
Here are the updated video links:
The Plunge Must Go On_Long Version_Final
The Plunge Must Go_30_Final