- If you’ve been on the fence about jetting off for a vacation, don’t let worries about money factor into your decision. According to a travel expert, it’s a good time to be a passenger.
- “We’re actually seeing ticket prices this summer at a historic low,” reveals Liana Corwin from Hopper Consumer Travel, who notes flight costs in May are down seven percent from two years ago.
- Corwin says falling jet fuel prices and increasing capacity on low-cost airlines are mainly responsible for the discounted fares.
- “Every time we see low-cost carriers enter a market, we actually see the market rate adjust to drop a little bit lower than it previously was,” according to Corwin.
- Do you keep an eye on flight costs? Does price factor into your decision on where to travel? What are your summer plans?