Bohemian Rhapsody Wins Two Golden Globes
January 7, 2019 7:18AM CST
- The movie became the biggest music biopic of all time, so you knew the awards had to start coming next. At Sunday night’s Golden Globes, Bohemian Rhapsody scored a double.
- Released in November, the film took home the award for Best Motion Picture in the Drama category. Rami Malek then won Best Performance By An Actor In A Motion Picture – Drama for his on-screen depiction of Queen frontman Freddie Mercury.
- Malek shouted out the band and Mercury during his acceptance speech, saying, “Thank you to Freddie Mercury for giving me the joy of a lifetime. I love you, you beautiful man. This is for and because of you, gorgeous.”
- Bohemian Rhapsody had quite the journey to make it to the big screen, changing lead actors and directors during the production.
- Do you think this sets the movie up for more awards? Which other bands should get the biopic treatment?