- Jim Breuer is a beloved movie star, famed comic, and recording artist who has rocked stages all over the world. But there’s one gig that stands above them all in his storied career.
- Since Metallica doesn’t need an opening band, they brought Breuer along starting last September to warm up the crowd on the North American leg of their “WorldWired” tour, which he calls, the “greatest gig I ever had ever. Ever. Ever.”
- “It’s like traveling with the best film, best TV show; this is hands down the greatest gig ever,” Breuer admitted to the Louisville Courier Journal last month.
- As for how the arrangement came about, Breuer says drummer Lars Ulrich put it this way: “We want to do something that’s kind of a crowd experience thing in filling the arena, trying to get them in and get them excited.”
- Do you arrive for shows in time for the opening bands? Which openers have shined better than the headliners?