- What are ya in for? Auto theft? Burglary?? Stealing 90 pounds of sand???
- This ain’t no sand castle. A French couple is facing a real life dungeon for stealing nearly 90 pounds of sand from the Italian island of Sardinia.
- Known for its picturesque beaches, Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera reports the couple allegedly wanted a souvenir. They face up to six years in jail if convicted of the theft.
- Sand theft from the island has become a concern. A law passed in 2017 makes sand, pebble, and shell trading illegal.
- Are destination areas near you being eroded or trashed by people? Should the couple be tossed in the clink?