- Like many rock clubs around the country, The Showbox in Seattle is being threatened with demolition. Before he was a member of Guns N’ Roses, Duff McKagan got his start seeing shows there and now he’s leading the charge to save the historic venue.
- “Stand up for history, #Seattle!,” tweeted McKagan, who urges his followers to call their city councilors asking to spare the club from being turned into condos.
- The message was posted along side a 40-second, professionally shot advertisement, with McKagan doing the voice over.
- Along with McKagan, Seattle City Coucilmember Kshama Sawant has introduced an ordinance to suspend the destruction and a Change.org petition has been launched.
- Are the venues where you saw smaller shows still around? If not, what’s in their place? What’s your best memory from seeing shows in those clubs?