Five Finger Death Punch Singer Celebrates First Year of Sobriety
March 11, 2019 6:11AM CDT
- While sex, drugs and rock ‘n roll may be rock’s eternal slogan, it’s seen its share of artists battling the demons of drugs and alcohol. So, it’s always nice to see someone winning their battle. Five Finger Death Punch vocalist Ivan Moody celebrated the one-year anniversary of his sobriety over the weekend.
- The singer posted a video to Instagram thanking the people in his life who have supported him along the way, saying that “A lot of people didn’t think I’d make it 24 hours, and to be honest I didn’t think I would, either, but I have a great team.”
- He also wants others battling an addiction that he’s with them “every step of the way, whether in 24 hours or 24 years.”
- Ivan and his band will be busy this summer. Five Finger Death Punch have announced a summer tour with In This Moment.
- Have you or someone close to you ever fought addiction? What is the best advice you have for someone who has a friend or family member battling addiction?