- It’s pretty safe to say that if you were an early stockholder in Apple or Microsoft, you’d be rich today. But which companies actually had the biggest payoffs for those initial investors?
- The financial website HowMuch.net did the math for some of the world’s biggest companies. The big winner was Nike, where a $100 IPO investment back in 1980 would be worth more than $6 million today.
- Other big names include Walmart ($1.24 million), Coca-Cola ($1.04 million), Disney ($753,000) and McDonalds ($569,000)
- Microsoft paid out at $148,000 while Apple would be worth $43,000. Surprisingly, a $100 investment in Google’s parent company Alphabet was last on the list at just $2,600.
- What’s the best financial investment you ever made? Did you ever have a chance to buy in early on something but passed it up?