- Winter is sometimes hard on your home’s plumbing system. When temps drop, pipes can freeze, leading to tons of headaches.
- HomeAdvisor points out that a burst pipe can rack up a few thousand dollars in repair bills and cleanup costs. And while insurance should cover, filing is never fun.
- There are a few steps people can take to protect their biggest investment from flooding, including closing off sources of cold, adding insulation, and letting water trickle from exterior pipes.
- If you live in an area that doesn’t see cold weather often, you should also take note, as those homes could be less prepared to protect pipes against freezing, says the Insurance Institute for Business & Home Safety.
- Have you ever had a pipe freeze? How did you get the water flowing again?