Indianapolis Colts Owner Drops $5 Million On David Gilmour’s Guitars
June 28, 2019 6:47AM CDT
- When it comes to fandom, it’s safe to say they don’t come much bigger than Jim Irsay. After all, the Indianapolis Colts owner dropped over $5 million at Christie’s to purchase several of David Gilmour’s guitars.
- Why did he spend so much? “I just f**king love Pink Floyd, man, I cannot deny it,” Irsay told Rolling Stone.
- Irsay is now the proud owner of the 1969 Martin D-35 heard on “Wish You Were Here,” as well as a Pink Floyd–branded flight case and the infamous Black Strat used on most of the band’s iconic recordings.
- Gilmour put his stuff up for auction last week, which took in a total of $21.5 million to be given to a climate change fighting charity.
- Got a piece of band memorabilia? How did you acquire it? Where is it displayed?