- You may have heard people touting the benefits of drinking coconut water, but is it actually good for you? Taste of Home got some answers from the experts.
- According to Dr. Ali Webster from the International Food Information Council Foundation, coconut water is effective at rehydrating the body after physical exercise or following an illness.
- However, the journal Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise reports a study that says the effectiveness is just slightly better than water, and on par with sports drinks.
- Boston Medical Center’s Dr. Caroline Apovian feels you should save the calories by skipping coconut water, eating other potassium-rich foods that offer better overall nutrition.
- Are you a coconut water acolyte? What benefits have you noticed?