- If you were hoping to hear new music coming from Soundgarden following the death of frontman Chris Cornell, you can probably forget it.
- Speaking to the Seattle Times, guitarist Kim Thayil says that the band will put out some compilations, live albums and other unreleased material, but don’t look for anything more.
- Thayil is working with drummer Matt Cameron and bassist Ben Shepherd on writing new music, but they will not release it as Soundgarden. Nor will they tour under that name.
- “I don’t know really what kind of thing is possible or what we would consider in the future. It’s likely nothing,” Thayil admits, adding, “There were four of us and now there’s three of us, so it’s just not likely that there’s much to be pursued other than the catalog work at this point.”
- Do you think the band is right not to tour without Cornell? Is there any singer who could replace him?