- Metallica fans today are accustomed to waiting long lengths of time between releases. Eight years spanned Hardwired… To Self-Destruct and Death Magnetic, and there were five before that.
- But perhaps work on their next record will be much quicker, according to Kirk Hammett in a new interview.
- The guitarist spoke with Australia’s Mixdown magazine and hinted that the band could hit the studio after their “WorldWired” tour wraps in November.
- “We’re in our third year since “Hardwired”. Maybe we can get a bit more focus and go into the studio a bit sooner. I have a ton of material. I’ve over-compensated, so I’m ready to go anytime,” Hammett reveals.
- What do you think is the right amount of time between band releases? How often does your favorite band put out records?