Listening To AC/DC Can Help Fight Cancer
January 23, 2019 6:31AM CST
- Here’s a study that you may have missed but is totally worth repeating. Apparently blasting rock music can help fight cancer.
- Researchers from the University of South Australia found that a dose of rock music during chemotherapy sessions was effective at “maximizing the efficiency of cancer drug delivery” by allowing the treatment to evenly coat cancer cells.
- Dr. Nico Voelcker, who was part of the team, chose AC/DC’s “Thunderstruck” because the title reflected how the process worked and discovered the 1990 track “significantly improved the time it took” for the drug to attack the cancer.
- The American Chemistry Society published Voelcker’s study in 2016.
- In what other uses have you heard rock music is effective?