- When the Woodstock concert movie is re-released, there will be some bonus footage included that no one but those who were at the festival 50 years ago has seen.
- Thanks to A Star Is Born producer Bill Gerber, fans will finally witness the performances by Neil Young and Janis Joplin that were noticeably absent from the film’s original version.
- Young, who had just joined Crosby, Stills, and Nash the night before, demanded the footage be removed over his anger at there being cameras on the stage.
- Speaking to Deadline, Gerber says his documentary will also tell some great stories about the iconic three-day concert, including how it almost didn’t happen.
- Which of the original Woodstock performances are the most memorable to you? How about from the later two festivals by the same name?