Metallica Could Have Been Way Different If This Happened
- We’ve always known Lars Ulrich behind the kit for Metallica during their career but it turns out he almost had an entirely different role in the band very early on.
- When just starting out, frontman James Hetfield wasn’t the most confident about his singing abilities, according to their original manager Jon Zazula, who suggested Lars take a shot.
- Speaking to Metal Hammer, Zazula admitted that the discussion lasted “For about five seconds.”
- Zazula also revealed that they considered a different singer, asking John Bush from Armored Saint to handle duties, but eventually Hetfield stopped questioning himself.
- What do you think would have happened if Metallica had a different lineup?