- Magic Mirror on the wall, which band would you call the biggest of them all? Well according to Pollstar, that would be Metallica.
- The music industry trade site has declared that the metal monsters “may just be the biggest band in the world,” noting the “reach” of their business, plus the fact they’ve played shows on every single continent including Antarctica.
- Since hitting the road in 1982, Metallica has sold more than 22 million concert tickets, taking in more than $1.4 billion. Those figures put them in U2 territory.
- The band is always marching forward, notes Lars Ulrich, who adds, “I think that attitude is a big part of why Metallica still connects to so many people around the world.”
- What do you think drives Metallica’s success?