- Metallica is headlining a free concert in New York’s Central Park next month.
- The gig is part of the 10th anniversary of the Global Citizen Festival, which helps fights extreme poverty.
- The September 24 event will also feature a concert in Accra, Ghana, with Usher, SZA and H.E.R.
- “Quantico” star Priyanka Chopra Jonas will host the Central Park event.
- As with all Global Citizen events, tickets to the concerts are free but get them, fans must join Global Citizen and take action on a series of the campaign’s issues.
- Pop star Mariah Carey, The Jonas Brothers, Charlie Puth, Latin sensation Rosalia, country star Mickey Guyton and Italian rockers Maneskin are also on the Central Park bill.
- Both concerts will be broadcast and streamed on ABC, ABC News Live, FX, Hulu, Twitter, YouTube, and other outlets.
- ABC will broadcast a primetime special, “Global Citizen Festival: Take Action NOW,” from the shows on September 25.
- If you went to this show, would you watch all the bands, or only Metallica?