- Before rocking 75,000 fans at Ireland’s Slane Castle over the weekend, Metallica kept up their tradition of making charitable contributions before each gig on the “WorldWired” tour.
- Taking time from rehearsal, the band met with the Capuchin Day Centre, cutting a €35,000 ($39,500 USD) check to the group to help Dublin’s homeless.
- According to their All Within My Hands Foundation, the donation will go towards those “in need of food aid who have no home or are socially excluded and provide care with respect and dignity.”
- Later that evening, the metal icons hit the stage in the Emerald Isle for the 12th time in their careers, returning for the first time in over 10 years.
- Which other bands or artists are really known for their charity?