Metallica Makes Million Dollar Donation To Community College Students
July 2, 2019 5:58AM CDT
- This would definitely look cool on a resume: being one of the first recipients of the Metallica Scholars Initiative.
- The iconic band started a fund for community college students last year, sending $100,000 each to ten different schools around America to be used towards job training and trade skills programs.
- Partnering with the quartet, the American Association of Community Colleges reveals that the donation will benefit over 1,000 students, who will be known as the “Metallica Scholars”.
- “We want to share our success with others so that they can find a job where they can do the same,” said drummer Lars Ulrich in a statement released back in December on the foundation’s website.
- How did you pay for college?