- Hard rock may not be tearing up the US awards circuits these days, but there are still plenty of trophies to go around. Leading the 2019 Kerrang! nominations are Metallica, Slipknot, and Bring Me The Horizon.
- Over 40,000 votes have been cast for the annual event taking place on June 19 in the UK, with Iron Maiden, Ghost, Rammstein, and more getting support as well.
- Noting that several bands who have graced the music magazine’s cover recently are nominees, editor Sam Coare feels, “2019 genuinely is a great year for rock music around the world.”
- This year’s ceremony will also give out the Kerrang! Inspiration Award and induct someone into the Kerrang! Hall Of Fame.
- Why do you think rock bands aren’t getting the same awards attention today?