Metallica’s Robert Trujillo Hints At Next Album
March 14, 2019 7:26AM CDT
- Metallica fans know all too well the agony of waiting for the band to put out new records these days. It was eight years between Death Magnetic and their most recent, Hardwired… To Self Destruct.
- But that won’t be the case when the metal rockers finally get into the studio to lay down tracks for the next one, says their bassist.
- Speaking to Australia’s Guesting on The Music Podcast, Robert Trujillo reveals that Metallica has been “jamming” on new material and promises, “This time around I think we’ll be able to jump on it a lot quicker and jump in the studio and start working.”
- As for a timeline on a release, “I don’t know,” Trujillo admits, adding, “We’ve been touring non-stop. It’s been over two years now. At some point, sure, we’ll need to take a little bit of a break. It’s sort of the right thing for us to do because we’ve been going so hard.”
- What’s the longest you’ve waited between albums from your favorite bands? Who was it? Was the wait worth it?