- If you’re looking for some great headbanging, get to Montreal. The Canadian city has officially been declared a “city of excellence” for its heavy metal scene by lawmakers.
- Councillor Craig Sauvé proposed the motion on Monday and it was approved with bipartisan support.
- Speaking to CBC Montreal, Sauvé says, “The heavy metal music that we make is really well-regarded by many people all over the world because there’s a certain technical edge that we have here.”
- Nick Farkas, creator of the Heavy Montreal music festival, applauded the move, saying, “Heavy metal has been an important part of Montreal’s culture for many years. That the city recognizes it is fantastic.”
- Which cities have great music scenes? What bands come from there?