- If you’re holding out for a new record from Megadeth, you might be waiting for some time, according to David Ellefson. The bassist recently revealed the release wouldn’t be ready until at least early next year.
- The metal rockers’ last album, Dystopia, which won them their first ever Grammy in 2017, came out in 2016.
- Ellefson said in a new interview that part of the delay is caused by the band members all living in different cities, although they do have a shared Dropbox folder for song ideas.
- Noting that there are several shows on the horizon, including their first-ever MegaCruise this October, Ellefson admits, “Sometime probably early 2020 is my thought that that’s probably when the record will be ready to come out.”
- Which eventual release from a band have you been waiting the longest to hear?