- This weekend, it’s time to ‘spring forward’ into Daylight Savings Time. But if a group of Florida lawmakers have their way, we’ll never ‘fall back’ again.
- A group including Sen. Marco Rubio, Sen. Rick Scott, and Rep. Vern Buchanan are introducing the Sunshine Protection Act, which would permanently adopt Daylight Savings Time nationwide.
- Rubio says year-round Daylight Savings Time could help reduce crime, car accidents, and even health issues. They say it would also be good for the economy.
- Scott, while serving as Florida governor, signed off on a similar bill last year but it wasn’t approved by Congress.
- How do you feel about permanent Daylight Savings Time? Would you rather have that extra hour of sunlight in the morning or the evening?