The White House has begun taking orders to send out free at-home Covid-19 tests. It began a day early on Tuesday.
Half a billion tests will be distributed through and ordered via CovidTests.Gov. Follow the link to order your tests.
People can request up to four tests per residence free of charge, which also means no shipping costs.
If more than four tests are needed, those with private insurance could get additional at-home tests covered.
The tests available for order:
- Are rapid antigen at-home tests, not PCR
- Can be taken anywhere
- Give results within 30 minutes (no lab drop-off required)
- Work whether or not you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Work whether or not you are up to date on your COVID-19 vaccines
- Are also referred to as self-tests or over-the-counter (OTC) tests