Slash Says ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’ Makes Him ‘Cringe’
February 18, 2022 10:44AM CST
- Most bands would kill to have a hit song like the GN’R classic “Sweet Child O’ Mine” – but Slash says the song makes him ‘cringe’ today.
- During an interview with Absolute Radio Classic Rock, the guitarist admitted “If I walk into a place and Sweet Child O’ Mine comes on, it’s a cringe moment. Like, very awkward”.
- It’s not because he hates the song or anything – Slash says it just feels “like a spotlight was just put on you.”
- Regardless, Slash insists that it’s “always exciting” to hear your music on the radio – “that’s something that never grows old”.
- What’s a song you used to love that makes you ‘cringe’ today?