Slipknot Goes Platinum
March 22, 2019 6:18AM CDT
- Slipknot just reached a career milestone, receiving their first-ever platinum singles – three of them, in fact.
- The RIAA honored the band with platinum certifications for 2008’s “Snuff”, 2004’s “Before I Forget”, and 1999’s “Wait And Bleed”.
- So why is this happening now? Because the RIAA changed their metrics in 2016 to include on-demand streams from sources like Spotify or Youtube, along with album and digital sales. Under the current system, 150 streams is equivalent to one download.
- Slipknot has a hotly-anticipated new album due out in August and will launch their ‘Knotfest Roadshow’ tour with Volbeat and Gojira in July.
- Are artists getting ripped off by streaming services? Does 150 streams equaling one download seem fair? What’s your favorite Slipknot song?