Study: Heavy Metal Makes You A Bad Driver
May 31, 2019 10:59AM CDT
- A new study suggests that heavy metal turns people into bad drivers.
- Researchers tested the effects of different styles of music on drivers, ranging from classical to Taylor Swift to Slipknot.
- They found that heavy metal was the most distracting, and made drivers “more ragged and uncontrolled”. Classical music, meanwhile, made drivers too relaxed and slow.
- Researchers say that while the genre of music had some impact, the most important factor is volume, advising drivers to “dial down the noise” when behind the wheel.
- What kind of music do you like to listen to in the car? Ever get caught speeding because you were rocking out too hard?