There Are 230 New Emojis Coming, Including a Waffle, Sloth, People in Wheelchairs, and a New Way to Make Fun of Someone’s Junk Size
The Unicode Consortium is a nonprofit that runs a bunch of different standards for the Internet. And no one really paid attention to them until a few years ago . . . when we found out they control EMOJIS.
They just announced 230 new emojis that should roll out to your phone sometime later in the year. Here are some highlights . . .
1. A yawning face.
2. Lots of emojis focused on disabilities, including a deaf person, people in wheelchairs, blind people using walking canes, Seeing Eye dogs, and mechanical arms and legs.
3. New animals, including the flamingo, sloth, and skunk.
4. New foods, including a waffle, butter, onions, and a juice box.
5. A drop of blood . . . which represents menstruation.
6. And a hand making a pinching gesture . . . which everyone online is calling the “tiny penis” emoji. Get ready to send this to anyone who shoots you an unsolicited junk pic.
(Here’s a picture of all the new emojis.)