Ticketmaster Gives Guns N’ Roses Award For “Not In This Lifetime” Tour
March 15, 2019 6:40AM CDT
- Guns N’ Roses’ “Not In This Lifetime” almost-original lineup tour brought in a ton of money, with the rock legends playing 159 shows across 41 countries in just over two years.
- With over $500 million in sales, the tour is believed to be the second-highest-grossing of all time.
- That’s quite the achievement, and Ticketmaster wanted to celebrate, bestowing their inaugural Touring Milestone Award on the band, acknowledging their “commitment to their fans, to their art, and to the live experience.”
- To qualify, a tour needed to sell more than 500,000 tickets globally, which just 16 other band were able reach.
- Which bands have you seen in stadium settings? How do those shows compare to smaller ones you’ve seen?