- Thanks to a tweet from a military spouse, troops stationed abroad in Afghanistan and Qatar won’t have to wait until they’re back home to check out Avengers: Endgame.
- Kat Lancaster, the wife of Air Force Maj. Joshua-Lee Lancaster, asked Disney CEO Bob Iger on the social media site if he could get the film sent to airbases with theaters, noting, “our folks in uniform could use a morale boost!”
- Iger replied within hours, saying it would happen. Starting last Wednesday, he made good on the promise, with showings taking place at Bagram Air Field, Al Udeid, and in Kandahar.
- Saying she’s “overwhelmed by this gesture,” Lancaster thanked Iger, adding, “This gift from the @WaltDisneyCo is sure to bring sheer joy and a small moment of escape from the realities of war. Thank you.”
- In which others ways can we continue supporting our troops?