- Weezer has been pretty busy in the studio working on their upcoming The Black Album, set for release on March 1st. But they also secretly managed to put together a record of covers, which has just dropped.
- Surprising fans with The Teal Album, the 10-track LP features Weezer performing hits from the 70s, 80s, and 90s, with such classics as Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean,” Electric Light Orchestra’s “Mr. Blue Sky”, and TLC’s “No Scrubs”.
- Of course, their version of “Africa” is there too, opening the album with the song made famous by Toto.
- If you’d like a physical copy of the disc, head over to the band’s website where you can also get your hands on goodies like velcro wallets and signed dollar bills with the limited-edition bundles.
- Which songs would you like to see Weezer cover next? Which other bands are able to pull off covers well?