What Made Dave Grohl Scared in his Nirvana Days
- Maybe this proves rock stars really are just like us.
- Dave Grohl admits he was worried about getting fired from Nirvana.
- Grohl says he was nervous he “was not good enough” to keep his job as drummer for the iconic grunge act.
- By the time he joined the band, he was their fifth drummer.
- “So I was doing my best to keep this thing from going away. So there was this real insecurity that I had – I’m not good enough. They’re going to find somebody else.”
- Grohl then, of course, went on to form his own hugely successful band, Foo Fighters, after the death of Kurt Cobain.
- Have you ever been in a new job and scared you were going to get fired?