- Forty years ago next month, a Chicago radio DJ entered Comiskey Park with a box of disco records and some explosives, blowing them up between games at the doubleheader. The ensuing riot caused the forfeiture of the second contest.
- In celebration of what was dubbed “Disco Demolition” night, the White Sox are bringing Steve Dahl to Guaranteed Rate Field to throw out the first pitch on Thursday.
- The first 10,000 in attendance will receive a commemorative t-shirt marking the anniversary.
- Dahl, who has taken the mound before for the ceremonial toss, says, “I think it’s really great that the White Sox are embracing the 40th anniversary. I’m looking forward to having my family out there with me, and I’m hoping to throw another strike. Or at least have someone to throw it to.”
- How do you feel about the original “Disco Demolition” night? Is this something that should be celebrated?