- With Facebook and Instagram down worldwide for most of Wednesday, social media users needed somewhere to go. So they headed to Twitter. Lots of them.
- The hashtag #FacebookDown became the top trending topic on the site in the United States, with #InstagramDown and #InstagramBlackout2019 also making the list.
- Although not reaching the same critical mass, #WhatsAppDown appeared, as users there found they were unable to upload photos.
- The services did begin to return early Thursday morning, after suffering what is reported to be the longest outage in the social media giant’s history.
- How did you survive #FacebookDown?