- Talk about a party pooper. A substitute teacher in Florida has been arrested after police say she attempted to ruin a child’s outdoor birthday party by smearing feces all over the picnic benches.
- Heather Carpenter, 42, was unhappy with the way the principal at Phillippi Shores Elementary School in Sarasota handled a complaint she’d filed, police say. So in an effort to get back at her, she showed up at Urfer Park, where the principal was hosting a birthday party for her daughter.
- “I saw a lady wearing a mask and had rubber gloves on,” witness Michael Hutchinson says. “She had a cup of something. She was pouring it out on the tables then wiping it in. She went table to table.” Police identified the substance in the cup as human feces.
- Carpenter, who faces criminal mischief charges, is being held on a $2,500 bond. And, needless to say, she no longer works for Phillippi Shores Elementary School.
- What’s the most irrational thing you’ve ever done to get back at someone? If you were to visit Urfer Park, would you eat at one of its picnic tables?